The right window design can make your house look more spacious and fill it with natural light. The warm glow of sunshine streaming into your room wakes you up in the morning and makes your day bright.
Windows also add an aesthetic appeal to your home’s exterior and contribute to its overall style. A house’s most common window design is either a single or double-hung window. On the other hand, new construction houses mostly have sliding windows.
So, to answer the question ― the best window design is one that matches your house.
Let’s look at the top five trending window designs:
Casement windows are wide and long. They operate by turning the crank and opening with a swing. Their simple design makes them easy to clean, customizable, excellent for natural ventilation, and ideal for homeowners living in hot climates.
- Less maintenance
- Ease of operation
- Also available in energy efficiency designs
- Open inwards, offering better ventilation
- Can be installed with UV protection fiberglass frame
- The fixed-pane makes the windows highly secure
- The design of the windows cannot be too big in weight and size
- Have mechanical problems
- Not compatible with central air conditioning
- Can’t be used with screens or storm windows
Double-hung windows are primarily used in bathrooms because they provide excellent ventilation. Besides making a room bright, they also offer excellent air circulation, keeping living spaces smelling fresh. Sashes of double-hung windows slide up, allowing you to control how much air and light you want into the room.
- Increased ventilation and energy-efficiency
- Ease of accessibility and cleaning
- Available in various materials, sizes, colors, and styles
- Compatible with window AC
- Less energy efficient than other window designs
- Require regular maintenance
Most people like their room to have an open and spacious feel despite the small space. You can achieve this by installing bay windows in your room. Bay windows have three glass panes in varying sizes that give an outward rounded appearance. The bow window, a sister design, has around six glass panes similar in shape and size, installed in a clean straight line.
- Enhanced view
- Offers natural air and light
- Creates extra space
- Adds value to your property
- Different styles available
- Adds value to your property
- Difficult to install
- Hard to replace
- Higher maintenance and repair cost
Transom windows have an arched design attached to a rectangular frame at the top. These windows add an aesthetic appeal to your room, which is why they are mostly installed in the living room. They give the room a rustic vibe and can be customized. You can replace the bottom half of the window with a casement window for more ventilation.
- Enhanced appearance
- Increase natural ventilation and light indoors
- Add curb appeal to your home
- Allow you to maintain your privacy
- Difficult to clean
- The windows are fixed and offer no ventilation
If an unused area in your house has no purpose, why not utilize it by installing a window? The V-shaped design of corners can be challenging to handle when it comes to using them for art. A window in the corner will be a stylish addition and increase the light flow into your house.
- Maximize view
- Create a perfect lounging nook
- Make a unique statement
- High construction cost
- Less secure than other window designs
- Laborious to clean
Did any of these designs catch your fancy? Then get in touch with a professional and schedule their installation!
Sky Glass Aluminum is one of the top premium mirror companies in Texas. It offers various glass supplies, including aluminum and commercial doors, storefront glass, frameless glass, and more. For more information about their products and services, call 972-807-9616